Chicago ScavHunt 2023
Updated on May 31, 2023
Disclaimer: if you are intending to participate in the ScavHunt 2023, please download the eATLAS app and enroll there.
Cinema buffs will take over the Windy City for their shot to win cash prizes totaling more than $5,000 in eATLAS’s second annual Chicago ScavHunt, this one with a movie theme. The Chicago ScavHunt 2023 will be held from 10:00 a.m. on June 2nd through 9:00 p.m. on June 4th. To join the fun, download the eATLAS app, register as a user, turn location services on, and search for and open the ‘Chicago ScavHunt-Movies 2023’ Adventure. Select ‘JOIN TO PLAY, and then ‘Join as a team’ to enroll a team of 2 – 5 members, or ‘Join as an individual’ to enroll as an individual.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
No purchase necessary to enter or to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
The Chicago ScavHunt 2023 (the Hunt) is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of eATLAS and Inciteful Games Holdings, LLC, partners of the promotion and other companies associated with the promotion of the Hunt, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Hunt is subject to federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
The Hunt is sponsored by eATLAS (the Sponsor), located at 872 S Milwaukee Avenue #139, Libertyville, IL 60048.
Agreement to Official Rules
Participation in the Hunt constitutes entrants full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these official rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
The Hunt begins on June 2nd, 2023 at 10:00am CDT and ends on June 4, 2023 at 9:00pm CDT (The Hunt Period). Entries before or after the Hunt Period will not be qualified for inclusion. Entries will be accepted for the duration of the Hunt by downloading the eATLAS App and successfully completing each objective and/or the requirements within the Hunt. Entries will still be accepted if you skip objectives; however, skipping objectives can impact your chance of winning. See How To Play for more details.
How to Enter
Download the eATLAS app. Register as a user on the app. Ensure location services are enabled. Search for and open the ‘Chicago ScavHunt-Movies 2023’ Adventure. Select ‘JOIN TO PLAY, and then ‘Join as a team’ to enroll a team of 2 – 5 members, or ‘Join as an individual’ to enroll as an individual.
How to Play
At least one person from each team (or individual players) must download the app and register for the hunt. This person must be 18 years of age or older.
Teams can be made up of 2, 3, 4, or 5 players. Each team MUST come up with
a team name.
DO NOT START GAME UNTIL YOUR TEAM IS TOGETHER IN THE LOOP. The Individual Player or Team Leader will start the timer and ScavHunt by selecting ‘START TO PLAY’. The minute the team starts to play, the timer starts ticking. There is a map included in the ScavHunt Adventure. If you select the map, you will see the APPROXIMATE center of the overall ScavHunt area.
Play fair. Follow the clues and don’t cheat. Treat other teams with respect. Be respectful and do not disrupt business activities or customers within partner businesses.
- You can use all resources (including search and transportation) which are available to you to determine the answer or arrive at a location.
- Hints are listed within the app with each objective. Click on “Need A Hint”. There may be more than one hint. Click on the dropdown within the hint box to proceed to any other hints.
Work on the Hunt should take place within the hours of 10am-9pm, when most partner businesses are actively open. The ScavHunt will take place rain or shine.
You can pause for breaks and restart anytime within the Hunt Period, including on another day. The Individual Player or Team Leader can pause the timer for the ScavHunt by selecting the ‘back’ arrow from the top left of the objectives list. When the Individual Player or Team Leader is ready to restart the timer, they should select ‘CONTINUE TO PLAY’.
If the ScavHunt Individual Player or Team Leader selects ‘MARK ADVENTURE AS COMPLETE’ the game has ended for this Individual Player or Team, and the timer will not be able to restart.
Objectives or stops throughout the scavenger hunt include businesses, parks, monuments, etc. You must attempt to accurately complete the clue or question at each location in order to get credit. You can use the ‘SKIP’ option to temporarily move on to the next objective, but not going back to complete the skipped objective will negatively affect your team’s ranking. If you do go back to complete skipped objectives, your score will not be negatively affected beyond any timing impacts.
It is strongly recommended that you read through the eATLAS FAQs on the website or the app. There are details around functionality of the app that could help your ScavHunt performance.
One Person should be registered as the Team Leader and another person as the Alternate Leader for each ScavSquad. If these roles need to be changed, they can be assigned to any Team Member who has joined the Adventure:
- The Team or Alternate Leader must go to the ‘Team Adventures’ screen in the ‘My Profile’ tab.
- Find the Chicago Movies Scavenger Hunt Adventure and select the three vertical dots.
- Select ‘Edit Team’ and select the three vertical dots next to the Team Member who is being assigned the Team or Alternate Leader role.
- Select ‘Make Leader’ or ‘Make Alternate Leader’
- Select ‘SAVE’.
Only the ScavSquad Team Leader can submit the official team answer for each objective (or stop along the route). The ScavHunt may contain the following types of objectives: location, photo or text.
You may be asked to find a particular place, such as a statue or building for a location type point of interest. Once you think you’re within 15 meters (or ~49 feet) of the location, select ‘GUESS’ at the bottom-right of the screen.
For a photo type, you will be asked to go to a particular place and take a photo that you submit thru the app and which can then also be submitted to social media, if you choose. If a selfie is required for that question…all members of the team MUST be included in the selfie.
You may be asked to respond to a question related to that point of interest or objective on the ScavHunt. For example, “What was the first name of the US president during the Civil War?” Answer the question to the best of your ability.
Once each Individual Player or ScavSquad has completed all the objectives, select ‘MARK ADVENTURE AS COMPLETE’ to end the ScavHunt. Additional prizes will also be awarded for:
- Best Hunting Gear costumes
- Best ScavSquad Name
- Best ScavSquad Social Media Influencer
- Best ScavSquad Team Spirit
For Location objectives, where the ScavHunter must get within 15 meters (~49 feet) of a particular place (a statue, the front entrance to a building, etc.), 5 points will be deducted for each incorrect guess with a maximum penalty
of 20 points.
For Text objectives, where the ScavHunter must enter the correct answer to a question, 10 points will be deducted for each incorrect guess with a maximum penalty of 40 points.
For Photo objectives, the teams with the top timing and accuracy scores as noted on the Leaderboard will be reviewed manually by eATLAS staff judges. If you are at the top of the Leaderboard, but the photo you submit to a Photo objective does not include the right answer, then 20 points will be deducted for the incorrect photo submission. This may impact your overall standing on the Leaderboard.
For Technical Difficulties
Just like all eATLAS Adventures, the Chicago Movies Scavenger Hunt is an app-guided event. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact eATLAS for help at 224-202-7536 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Win
Be sure to submit any applicable photos within the app to get credit for your work on the ScavHunt, as well as completing any other requirements for the Hunt. Your progress will be automatically recorded as you complete the
PRIZE: $500 per participating individual or team member; up to a total of $2500/team.
If more than one team or individual has completed all the scavenger hunt clues accurately and has a tied score with another team or individual, then a random drawing will be conducted at the Addison, IL office of Thompson &
Associates by Steve Thompson, CPA.
Team winners of the overall Chicago ScavHunt 2023 contest are still eligible to win the other contest prizes, such as best costume, social media pics, etc.
Individual winners are still eligible to win the other contest prizes, with the exception of Best ScavSquad Name, for which they are not eligible.
Additional prizes will be determined as follows:
Best Squad Costumes:
- ScavSquad photos must be posted to FB and IG between June 2 – 4, 2023 while participating in the Hunt, tagging your ScavSquad and @playeatlas, #chiscavhunt #eatlasadventurestogo, #adventures2go and #teamname. All ScavSquad members must be included in the pic – and all must be dressed for “hunting” – to qualify for this prize.
- Prize: $200 per participating individual or team member; up to $1000/team.
- A committee of three eATLAS employees will review submitted photos and social media shares and then will vote to determine the winner.
- Use common sense and don’t ruin your fun by taking risks to get a photo that may leave someone injured or worse.
Best Team Spirit:
- Factors that will go into consideration:
- Coordination or overall costume along with any level of branding, such as hats, matching printed t-shirts, etc.
- Creativity with antics and actions through media (e.g. via videos, photos, reels, stories, etc.) shared via Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter.
- Media must be posted or shared between June 2 – 4, 2023 while participating in the Hunt, tagging your ScavSquad and @playeatlas, #chiscavhunt #eatlasadventurestogo adventures2go and #teamname.
- Volume of social media shares.
- Prize: $100 per participating individual or team member; up to $500/team.
- A committee of three eATLAS employees will review submitted photos and social media shares then will vote to determine the winner.
- Use common sense and don’t ruin your fun by taking risks to get a photo that may leave someone injured or worse.
Best ScavSquad Name:
- Name must be submitted when registering for the ScavHunt.
- Prize: $100/team member; up to $500/team.
- A committee of three eATLAS employees will review the registered ScavSquad names and will vote to determine the winner.
Best Social Media Influencer:
- ScavSquad Name must be submitted when enrolling in the ScavHunt.
- ScavSquad Name must be included as a # when submitting images to Facebook and Instagram.
- At least 2 squad members must be included in each pic to count for credit.
- Pics must be posted between June 2 – 4, 2023 while participating in the ScavHunt.
- @playeatlas, #chiscavhunt #adventures2go, #eatlasadventurestogo and #teamname must be included when submitting images to social media.
- Winning ScavSquad will be chosen based on three factors:
- The humor, kookiness, creativity, and quirkiness displayed.
- Through the pics you share, show us your energy and HOW MUCH FUN you had!!
- And, on the top-ranking submissions for #chiscavhunt and eatlasadventurestogo
- Prize: $50 per participating individual or team member; up to $250/team
- All requirements that apply to teams will apply to individuals participating independently. Be sure to submit any applicable photos within the app or other requirements to complete the Hunt. Your progress will be automatically recorded as you complete the Hunt.
All scoring and results from the Hunt will be reviewed during the week starting June 5, 2023.
Results will be published on the eATLAS Facebook and Instagram pages and the eATLAS website (https://playeatlas.com) no later than June 9, 2023.
How to be Disqualified
Teams who are found to have participants that have done any of the following will automatically be disqualified from the opportunity to win:
- Damage property
- Sabotage the app, competitive teams, partner businesses and/or locations
- Harass competitive teams, partner businesses and/or location employees or customers
- Break the law in any capacity while participating in the hunt.
Winning teams / individuals will be notified by email, phone call and social media post no later than June 9, 2023.
If the winning team / individual does not claim their prize within 30 days of announcement, then the next team / individual with the highest number of Leaderboard points and correctly photo responses will be notified that they are the winners. If this occurs, the runners up will be contacted by email and by phone. This winning team / individual will also have 30 days to respond to receive their prize. If another 30 days passes and the runners up do not claim
the prize, then the prize for the Contest will be null and void. A third runner up team / individual will not be selected.
ScavHunt Prize: $500 per participating individual or team member; up to a total of $2500/team
Hunting Gear Prize: $200 per participating individual or team member; up to $1000/team
Team Spirit Prize: $100 per participating individual or team member; up to $500/team
ScavSquad Name Prize: $100 per participating individual or team member; up to $500/team
ScavSquad FB/IG Pic Share Prize: $50 per participating individual or team member; up to $250/team
Winnings will be divided up and distributed equally among the team.
If a participant or team from out of state wins a prize in the Chicago ScavHunt 2023, any applicable promotion, prize, and tax laws will apply to their winnings.
Winning team agrees that in the event the prize is lost, stolen or destroyed for any reason after the winning team has claimed such prize, eATLAS and Inciteful Games Holdings, LLC shall be held blameless. Prize is the sole responsibility of the winner once the prize is claimed.
Prize Subject to Taxation
Contest winning ScavSquads / individuals may be required to provide their IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and payment of any and all taxes associated with the prize is solely the responsibility of the winner of the prize. All state, local, federal or other taxes, duties, tariffs, and fees that apply for prize award become the sole responsibility of the winner. eATLAS will issue a 1099 form if required by applicable tax regulations.
All entrants and winners agree that eATLAS and Inciteful Games Holdings, LLC and affiliates shall be held blameless and not liable for any injury, misfortune or damage to either persons or property by entering, participating in, winning or losing any contest or by use or non-use of any prize received.
All participants and winners agree that eATLAS and Inciteful Games Holdings, LLC may broadcast, publish or promote winning team members name, city of residence, photo, likeness and/or video and audio recordings for any reason deemed necessary for promotion of the Hunt and winners, without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold eATLAS and Inciteful Games Holdings, LLC blameless and without liability for such publication, broadcast, promotion or use for a period of one year following the acknowledgement and acceptance of winning prize.
eATLAS and Inciteful Games Holdings, LLC reserves the right to end the Hunt at any time without advance notice to the public.
eATLAS and Inciteful Games Holdings, LLC reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
Violation of any of these rules, or attempts to win the Hunt by fraud,deception, or cheating shall be grounds to disqualify that team from participating in all current and future contests, hunts, promotions, and events, at the sole discretion of eATLAS and Inciteful Games Holdings, LLC, as well as forfeiture of any prize(s) won by fraudulent means.